Sequel to the announcement of Uniuyo’s resumption, Uniuyo has released an official press release to that effect. This particular press release covers the commencement of academic activities for regular students. Below’s the press release from the Directorate of Information & Public Relations, Office of the Vice Chancellor, University of Uyo.
The Senate of the University of Uyo at its Special Meeting held on Wednesday, January 13, 2021 approved the commencement of academic activities for the completion of the 2019/2020 session for Regular Students, which was disrupted by the nationwide industrial action of the Academic Staff Union of Universities (ASUU).
Accordingly, the Management of the University of Uyo hereby announces the resumption of academic activities for Regular Students of the University, in line with the revised academic calendar approved by the University Senate, as follows:
(1) All Regular Students of the University of Uyo are expected to complete their online registration for the 1st Semester 2019/2020 Session from Monday, January 18 to Friday, January 22, 2021, (One week);
(2) All Regular Students of the University of Uyo are expected to resume on campus for the completion of 1st Semester 2019/2020 Session on Monday, January 25, 2021;
(3) Revision exercises for the 1st Semester 2019/2020 Session Examinations for all Regular Students will be commence from Monday, January 25 to Friday, January 29, 2021;
(4) 1st Semester Examinations for all Regular Students will be for Three (3) weeks from Monday, February 01 to Friday, February 19, 2021;
(5) A Two (2) weeks break for the 1st Semester 2019/2020 Session, for all Regular Students of the University of Uyo, will be observed from Monday February 22 to Friday, March 05,2021.
Students are expected to ensure that they complete all registration requirements for the 1st Semester 2019/2020 Session, immediately. Failing to do so will be considered as evidence of voluntary withdrawal from the University by the student.
The use of FACE MASKS and HAND SANITIZERS is MANDATORY. All other COVID-19 protocols must be strictly observed.
MR. ANIEDIABASI D. UDOFIA
UU/DIPR/2000/57/VOL.2/351 of January 15, 2021