With the rise of technology innovation in Africa, multiple sectors such as energy, agriculture, finance, and healthcare are undergoing rapid changes. Africa’s population currently consists of 50% men and 50% women. There is a growing conversation on the disparity in the number of men and women in technology and a growth in interventions to combat the ‘leaky pipeline’ phenomenon that sees women deviating from careers in STEM due to structural barriers such as poor support networks for childcare amongst others.
The conversation on getting more women in Technology is crucial, but just as crucial, if not more so, is the need for female entrepreneurs to be supported in leveraging technology in their businesses- regardless of the sector.
Against this background, CcHub and iHub created a program that not only focuses on women-led technology businesses, but women-led businesses as a whole, and how these can better leverage technology to scale their solutions in the African market.
This program will focus on businesses in Nigeria and Kenya with the aim to:
- Enhance the ways in which women-led businesses leverage technology to better serve their market
- Build the capacity of women-led businesses to secure capital
- Catalyse the expansion efforts of women-led businesses in the African market
- Build the capacity of women-led businesses to attract, develop and retain quality talent to their teams
- Access to market
The criteria for participation in the program include:
- Women-led business interested in leveraging technology to scale their businesses
- Registered, with operations in Kenya or Nigeria
- Strong (well-rounded) founding team, working full-time on the business
- Businesses with proven traction in the market (e.g. customers, revenue)
- Scalable businesses that meet a real need.
If you fit the above criteria, please fill out this application form. If you have any questions during the process, please send an email email@example.com or use the “ask a question” link at the top.
On July 31st, we will host a webinar to answer questions from potential applicants. Look out for more information on this on our website and social media.